Final Session is done with, just waiting on the scan result

December 11, 2010

That’s all the chemo over and done with!  The final session finished two Friday’s ago on the 3rd.  It was such a nice feeling knowing I’m not going to be back and forth every 2 weeks to get poisoned.  On the downside it does mean I won’t see the girls in the chemo centre as much (I still have to go back every 6 weeks to flush the port through).  They’ve made the whole chemo so much better than I thought it would be and are so positive and cheerful, I’ll miss them but I’m glad to see the back of it!  Side effects for the last session were minimal with only a small amount of hiccuping, however the nubness in my fingers has now spread a bit more as I guess the Oxilaplatin takes some time to get out of the system.  Most of the ends of my fingers are numb as are the soles of my feet.  It makes things like doing buttons up a real struggle and I’ve had a few balance issues due to the foot numbness.


I had the post chemo CT scan on Wednesday and get the results this coming Tuesday.  I’m not going to lie, I’m pretty nervous about getting the results as they’ll be pretty much make or break.  If you’re of the praying nature then I’d definitely appreciate some asking for good results and strength for me and my family over the next few days.


We had a nice piece of mail this week, it was the confirmation and booking details for our new year trip to centre parcs.  The Willow Foundation have thought of absolutely everything and have sent through loads of information even including personalised directions on how to get there from our house as well as some gift vouchers for us to use while we’re there.  Now we just need to choose what we’re going to do while we’re there, top of the list is a massage to relieve some of the stress from the past year!


And finally…..

Obviously my body thought finishing the chemo meant I had some spare capacity for medical issues and so again I was having to deal with a dislocated shoulder.  This time it was walking out of work on Thursday, I held a door open in slightly the wrong way and it just fell apart.  Luckily I managed to get it back in within a minute so no hospital trip needed, just some pain and aching the following day but it’s feeling lots better now.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: